This Acorn Squash Pomegranate Salad is a perfect fresh Fall side or main dish. You will go nuts over this Turmeric Tahini Dressing. The honey-roasted acorn squash is absolutely delectable, and the pomegranate seeds at the perfect sweet crunch. Top with garbanzo beans or grilled chicken or shrimp if desired to make a complete meal.
Acorn Squash Pomegranate Salad
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 6 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 handfuls of green beans , steamed
- recipe for Turmeric Tahini Dressing , see notes below
- Slice acorn squash in half. Brush exposed flesh with honey and place on greased baking sheet. Roast at 375° 45-60 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork. Allow to cool then slice in strips.
- Prepare Turmeric Tahini Dressing.
- To steam green beans, trim ends off and place in microwave safe dish. Drizzle lightly with water and cover. Microwave 2 minutes. Remove lid to cool and prevent the beans from continuing to cook.
- Divide vegetables and pomegranate seeds evenly between two bowls. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp dressing each.