This Balsamic Chicken dish is anything but dry! Loaded with juicy balsamic goodness, this pairs well with a side of brown rice or whole-grain penne and fresh steamed vegetables. If you are looking for a lighter, tangier take on chicken parmesan, this is it! Super quick for a weeknight meal
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes , no salt added (with juice)
- 1 small onion , thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 13” x 9” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in pan.
- In small bowl mix together oregano, thyme, Parmesan, rosemary. Sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Season with ground black pepper to taste.
- Scatter onion, garlic, canned tomatoes and balsamic vinegar evenly over chicken.
- Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until juices are bubbling and chicken is no longer pink in the middle.