Are you in the mood for chocolatey gooeyness??? I think I’m always in the mood for that! And I justify it by the fact that cocoa is rich in antioxidants! So really, it’s perfectly okay to include (in moderation). On top of that, this recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Pancakes is loaded with fiber and protein plus just the right amount of sweetness and decadence to make breakfast a huge win.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve had buckwheat pancakes on several occasions and am always let down by how dry they are. I was determined to make a recipe using buckwheat that was still light, fluffy and moist like traditional pancakes. I promise my Homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Pancakes will not disappoint! Also gluten-free for those that need to avoid gluten. I enjoy served with a heap of greek yogurt and drizzle of real maple syrup on top.
Banana Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 banana , mashed
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup preferred milk (I used soy)
- 1/3 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large bowl, stir yogurt and vanilla into mashed banana.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Whisk until combined, while pouring milk in.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cook on well-heated, oiled griddle over medium-low heat 2-3 minutes per side. Once bubbles form around edges, it's time to flip.
- Serve topped with sliced banana, Greek yogurt, drizzle of honey or real maple syrup.