These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a great, healthy snack when craving something a little sweet and just enough chocolatey. These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins can also make for a grab-and-go breakfast option.
The Greek yogurt adds a good punch of protein and the wheat flour adds extra fiber which will help you to stay full. Easily swap chocolate chips with blueberries or strawberries or half and half.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon , optional
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey , or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine banana, oil, honey, vanilla, greek yogurt and eggs.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined (be careful not to over-stir).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins lined with liners about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.