Basic Roasted Potatoes are roasted to perfection with minimal oil. Season with plain old salt and pepper or get creative with a dash of rosemary, thyme, garlic or onion powder. Remember, the potatoes are the starch for your meal, so should be a small side, not the star!
Basic Roasted Potatoes
- 2 large potatoes , well washed and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- Salt and black pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray well with nonstick cooking spray. Spread potato rounds in a single layer.
- Spray the tops lightly with nonstick cooking spray, or brush very lightly with olive oil.
- Season to taste.
- Roast in oven 15 minutes on the first side, flip, and roast for an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 6 side servings.