With make-ahead oats, this Breezy Blueberry Crumble is ready in a jiffy. The tasty topping is versatile and can be put atop yogurt, frozen yogurt, or your favorite fresh or frozen fruit for a light and tasty dessert.
Breezy Blueberry Crumble
With make-ahead oats, this crumble is ready in a jiffy. The tasty topping is versatile and can be put atop yogurt, frozen yogurt, or your favorite fresh or frozen fruit for a light and tasty dessert.
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Few dashes cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons low-fat milk , separated
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour , separated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest , separated
- 1 cup frozen blueberries , separated
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut, sugar and spices.
- Spread in an even layer on prepared cookie sheet and bake in oven until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Oats will harden as they cool.
- Make ahead in larger quantities if desired, storing in zipped storage bag for up to 1 week.
Prepare Each Serving
- To prepare each serving of crumble, add 1/2 cup frozen berries to small microwavable dish.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon oat mixture, 2 tablespoons low-fat milk, 1 teaspoon flour, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or until berry juices are bubbling.
- Top with an additional tablespoon of oat mixture and scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt if desired.