Broccoli Cheese Egg Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim Swiss cheese or provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot or onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and ground pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add in veggies, parsley and cheeses and stir until combined.
- Spoon an even amount of egg mixture into 6 greased muffin cups, about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake in oven just until set, 20-22 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm. Makes 3 servings (2 muffins per serving).
Try baking ahead of time, refrigerating overnight then re–warming in the morning. Adapted from multiplydelicious.com.