Caprese Egg Muffins
These high protein breakfast treats come together in a flash. Make ahead, wrap in plastic wrap and defrost the night before for a quick grab-and-go option during busy weekdays. Add your favorite veggies, herbs or cheeses to mix up the flavors and colors.[ratemypost-result]
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced in ribbons
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup preferred milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups or grease lightly.
- Divide prepared spinach, tomatoes, basil, and cheese amongst cups evenly and sprinkle with ground pepper to taste.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Pour over cups until ~2/3-3/4 full and slightly stir the veggies to distribute.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until eggs are fully set and no longer loose. Enjoy!