This Chickpea Salad Sandwich is a sure way to spice up a boring week. If you are tired of the same ol’ sandwiches day after day, try this quick and easy salad mash up on your favorite wheat bread or wraps.
This Chickpea Salad Sandwich is a perfect meatless, mayo-free alternative to tuna or chicken salad. You won’t be missing the mayo with the perfect combination of spices and plant-based creaminess.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
For Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1/2 large carrot , shredded
- 1/4 large onion , chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce , optional
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 6 whole wheat wraps
- lettuce, tomato, red onion , optional
- Add all chickpea salad ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until a choppy texture.
- Spread each wrap with 1 1/2 teaspoons of dijon mustard.
- Layer with lettuce, tomato and red onion, followed by a scoop of chickpea salad.