This Chock Full ‘O’ Veg Tomato Sauce recipe takes an off-the-shelf sauce and jacks it up with extra nutrients. Your family and kids will never know they are eating so many veggies!
You can easily sub in whatever veggies you have on hand and take advantage by adding fresh garlic or other spices to your liking.
Try serving Chock Full ‘O’ Veg Tomato Sauce over wheat pasta or chickpea pasta for extra fiber and protein.
Chock Full ‘O’ Veg Tomato Sauce
- 1 jar tomato sauce , any kind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup button mushrooms , chopped
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (can sub sweet potato or butternut squash puree)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Saute onion and mushrooms until onion is translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and pumpkin. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach.
- Blend in standing blender or with immersion blender until smooth.