This quick and simple Citrus Brown Rice Pilaf dish comes together in no time and will please the whole family. Serve alongside your favorite protein and veggies for a lively weeknight meal or even as a holiday side. For those that are not used to eating brown rice, this is a good starter recipe because it infuses a lot of fun flavors.
Citrus Brown Rice Pilaf
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- Add brown rice to boiling water. Return to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and season with pepper to taste.