If you want a go-to perfect, simple salmon recipe in your arsenal, choose this Citrus Honey Salmon. It’s super moist and juicy with a perfect sparkle of sweet and citrus to make every bite bounce on your tongue. It comes together in no time with little fuss and cleanup and easily works in the oven or on the grill. It honestly reminds me of being on a sunny island soaking in the sun. Enjoy Citrus Honey Salmon alongside your favorite roasted or steamed vegetables or a fresh salad.
Citrus Honey Salmon
- 4 (4-6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 lemon , juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce such as Sriracha
- In small bowl, stir together juices, 2 teaspoons of lemon zest, honey and chili sauce.
- Place salmon fillets in gallon storage bag. Pour marinade over salmon and gently toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or at least 30 minutes.
- Place in baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Alternatively, place on heated grill and cook 6-8 minutes on skin side then flip and cook additional 2-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serve with roasted vegetables or side salad.