This Creamy Herby Potato Soup is super warm and cozy. It has just the right amount of heartiness to leave you feeling full after a nice bowl but not overly so. Rosemary and thyme are always a perfect pair and do not fail in this Creamy Herby Potato Soup. Perfect alongside a chunk of whole wheat bread, corn muffin or fresh salad.
Creamy Herby Potato Soup
- 1 onion , diced
- 3 stalks celery , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 large carrots , diced
- 1 zucchini squash , diced
- 4 cups chopped potato
- 1 can white beans , rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp fresh or dried rosemary leaves
- 1/8-1/4 tsp white pepper , adjust per preference
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- shredded cheese , optional
- Heat oil over medium-low. Saute onion, garlic and celery for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for milk and cheese.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low for 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Pulse using an immersion or standing blender until desired texture. I usually leave ~20-25% in chunks.
- Top with spoonful of shredded cheddar or parmesan if desired. Enjoy with side of whole grain bread or fresh salad.