This Cucumber Dill Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing. The juiciness of the watermelon paired with the cool creaminess of the dressing makes it a perfect summer day lunch or barbecue starter. To make a complete meal, top with grilled shrimp, salmon, tofu or chicken breast.
Cucumber Dill Watermelon Salad
- 8-10 cups mixed greens
- 1 yellow bell pepper , diced
- 1 bunch green onions ,light green and white parts chopped
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped watermelon , small bite-sized chop
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Half avocado , pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Salt and black pepper , to taste
- 3-6 tablespoons water , to reach desired consistency
- Toss together greens, bell pepper, onion, cucumber, watermelon, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- In food processor, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Slowly blend in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Coat salad evenly with dressing and serve.