These Easy Homemade Afghan Greens come together in a flash. Feel free to sub your favorite green such as spinach, collards or kale for the chard. Enjoy the crunchy bites of colorful chard with the brightness of fun Afghani flavors.
Easy Homemade Afghan Greens
These easy homemade Afghan greens take you on a ride through a classic afghani combination of flavors using garlic, lemon, cilantro and dill.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 bunch swiss chard or rainbow chard , chopped with large stems removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Dash salt and ground black pepper , to taste
- Pine nuts , optional garnish
- Add in greens, dill and coriander. Saute 3-5 minutes, until greens are tender and vibrant in color.
- Stir in cilantro and lemon.
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper.