Easy Six-Layer Dip
- 1 can fat-free vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup mild to medium chunky salsa
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes , chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- Hot sauce , to taste
- Spread refried beans in the bottom of and 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Next layer Greek yogurt, followed by salsa.
- Evenly scatter fresh chopped tomatoes and cilantro leaves on top.
- Combine spices in a small dish. Sprinkle spices over tomato and cilantro layer.
- Layer next with shredded lettuce, olives, and finally cheese.
- Add a few dashes of hot sauce if desired.
- Serve with sliced veggies, assorted whole-grain crackers or tortilla chips.