- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion , diced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 bags (12 ounces each) frozen spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 1/4 teaspoons oregano
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4-1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lemon , juiced
- In large pot, saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until onion turns translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients with 1/4 cup veggie broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Add additional broth if it begins to dry out. Remove from heat.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice before serving.