Elegant Heirloom Tomato Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette is dressed to impress your guests at your next dinner party. Serve as your first course, and your meal is sure to start off with a bang! Choose a variety of heirloom tomatoes when able to add a beautiful rainbow of colors, flavors and nutrients to the plate.
Elegant Heirloom Tomato Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 3 cups red, yellow, and purple (if available) heirloom tomatoes , chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 shallots , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper , to taste
- Set out six appetizer -sized plates.
- Place about 1 1/3 cups mixed greens on plate.
- Top with ~2 1/2 tablespoons carrots and ~2 tablespoons cucumber and sprinkle tomatoes around perimeter of dish.
- Using a food processor or immersion blender, pulse vinegar, mustard, shallots, and olive oil until combined.
- Gently drizzle dressing over each salad and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Makes 6 appetizer -sized servings.