- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped poblano pepper , seeds removed
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 +1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 +1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- Sirachi , to taste
- Add all ingredients except Sirachi to food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add Sirachi a light squeeze at a time, pulsing to combine, until desired level of spice is achieved.
- Serve with sliced carrots, peppers, cucumber, celery or your other favorite veggies along with whole-grain Pita chips.
Image from organicauthority.com.