Is it just me or are figs just the most beautiful fruit you’ve ever seen? I love cutting them open and seeing all those elegant colors. Anyway, clearly fresh figs were the inspiration for this fig edamame salad. Loving this cherry ginger vinaigrette. Brought it all together!
Fig Edamame Salad
- 6 cups spinach
- 1/4 of a red onion , sliced
- 4 fresh figs , quartered
- 1/3 cup steamed or roasted edamame (I like roasted for the added crunch)
- 1 medium sweet potato , chopped and roasted
- 3 Tbsp crumbled blue, feta or gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 of a yellow bell pepper , chopped
- 1/3 of a cucumber , sliced or chopped
- ground black pepper
- See recipe linked below
- Prepare dressing according to recipe here: https://virtualrdn.com/cherry-ginger-vinaigrette/Make at least two hours ahead if you can to allow the ginger to breakdown a bit.
- Divide spinach into two plates. Layer with equal amounts of toppings and dressing. Sprinkle with plenty of fresh ground pepper and enjoy!