This Fresh Tomato Salad can serve as a side or topping or in lieu of salsa. It adds a lot of bright flavors and texture. Try this Fresh Tomato Salad on top of burritos, enchiladas, wraps, pita, sandwiches or salads. It is guaranteed to brighten up a plate of Indian, Mexican or other cuisine. Perfect alongside some of my favorite Ethiopian dishes like Mesir Wat (Ethiopian Lentils) and Abesha Gomen (Ethiopian Collard Greens),
Fresh Tomato Salad
- 3 plum tomatoes , chopped with large seeds removed
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 jalapeno , finely chopped
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 1 stalk celery with leaves included , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
- 1 lime , juiced
- Olive oil , optional
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Toss all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper if desired.