Fresh Tomato Salad
This tomato salad can serve as a side or topping or in lieu of salsa. Adds a lot of bright flavors and texture. Great on top of burritos, enchiladas, wraps, pita, sandwiches or salads. For more of a Mexican flare, add a sprinkle of some oregano, cumin and chili powder.
- 3 plum tomatoes , chopped with large seeds removed
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 jalapenos , finely chopped
- 1 small onion ,chopped
- 1 stalk celery with leaves included , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. agave or honey
- 1 lime , juiced
- olive oil , optional
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Toss all ingredients in a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper if desired.