This Grapefruit Cucumber Salad with Thai Basil Pear Dressing is super bright and spunky. The Thai basil, pear and ginger perfectly compliment the tartness of the grapefruit and crispness of cucumber. My fridge was a little bare on veggies during prep of this dish, but would have loves to add some grilled asparagus, avocado and fresh corn. If you are not a fan of raw white onion, feel free to sub green onions or chives. This Grapefruit Cucumber Salad with Thai Basil Pear Dressing makes 4 side or starter-sized salads.
Grapefruit Cucumber Salad with Thai Basil Pear Dressing
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1/4 large onion , sliced
- 1/2 cucumber
- 8 asparagus spears , steamed or grilled
- 1/2 grapefruit , peeled and chopped
- 1 recipe for Thai Basil Pear Dressing , see below
- fresh corn kernels & avocado , optional
- Prepare Thai Basil Pear Dressing
- Divide salad ingredients evenly between four plates and drizzle with dressing.