Green Apple Blueberry Smoothie
This smoothie screams summer in the sun! Packed with vitamins, fiber and protein, it can sub for an afternoon snack, post workout drink or even a light meal. It's a little sweet, a little tart, and a LOT refreshing. If you are new to greens in smoothies, start slow – you can ad just a small handful and work your way up. If you don't enjoy cottage cheese or yogurt in smoothies, easily sub some almond butter or protein powder. Enjoy!
- 1/4- 1/3 cup kale leaves (or sub spinach)
- 1/2 cup water or preferred milk
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp avocado
- 1/2 green apple , chopped
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest , optional
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese or greek yogurt (if leaving out add 2 Tbsp almond butter or protein powder)
- 1-2 large ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to blender. If you are new to greens in smoothies, start with 1/4 cup or even less if desired. Blend until smooth. Adjust ice to achieve desired texture.