This Green Apple Blueberry Smoothie screams Summertime! Packed with vitamins, fiber and protein, it can sub for an afternoon snack, post-workout drink or even a light meal. It’s a little sweet, a little tart, and a LOT refreshing.
If you are new to greens in smoothies, start slow – you can add just a small handful and work your way up. If you don’t enjoy cottage cheese or yogurt in smoothies, easily sub some almond butter or protein powder in this Green Apple Blueberry Smoothie.
Green Apple Blueberry Smoothie
- 1/4- 1/3 cup kale leaves (or sub spinach)
- 1/2 cup water or preferred milk
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1/2 green apple , chopped
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest , optional
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese or greek yogurt (if leaving out add 2 tablespoons almond butter or protein powder)
- 1-2 large ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- If you are new to greens in smoothies, start with 1/4 cup or even less if desired.
- Blend until smooth.
- Adjust ice to achieve desired texture.