These Green Eggs, Hold the Ham! egg muffins pack a good dose of protein without the added fat found in most breakfast meats. They are also easy to make ahead of time and pack on the go!
Adapted from myrecipemagic.com.
Green Eggs, Hold the Ham!
These satisfying and simple-to-prepare egg muffins pack a good dose of protein without the added fat found in most breakfast meats.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese , part-skim if available
- 1/4 cup chopped asparagus (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped zucchini (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and ground pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon an even amount of egg mixture into 6 greased muffin cups, about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake in oven just until set, 20-22 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm. Makes 3 servings (2 muffins per serving).
Tip: Try baking ahead of time, refrigerating overnight then re-warming in the morning. Adapted from myrecipemagic.com.