These Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges are super fun and easy to make. Throw directly onto your indoor or outdoor grill and watch them crisp up to perfection. Serve alongside all your favorite grilled treats. Pictured here with my juicy Grilled Marinated Portobello Burgers.
For some extra zing, serve these Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with a honey BBQ dipping sauce or dijon mustard. Can also experiment with more seasonings like cayenne or Old Bay.
Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- salt , to taste, optional
- To prepare potatoes, wash well to remove dirt from skins.
- Poke a few holes in exterior skin using a fork.
- Microwave, uncovered, 3 1/2 minutes just to soften slightly (this makes it easier to slice and reduces grill time, but you can skip this step if you prefer).
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise then in wedges.
- Add to a resealable bag or container along with oil and spices. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Grill on an indoor or outdoor grill, placing directly on grate or in a veggie basket, until desired doneness/crunchiness, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Salt lightly before serving if desired.
- Serve alongside your favorite healthy burger recipe such as my juicy Grilled Marinated Portobello Burgers.