This guac will be your new favorite dippable treat! All the classic flavors you think of, smooth, creamy, and loaded with healthy fats.
This is a fabulous anytime snack. Dunk carrots, cucumbers, peppers or whole grain crackers. Also tasty atop your favorite burger or wrap.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves , chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 to mato , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper , stemmed, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 fresh lime , juiced
- Couple dashes of cayenne pepper or chili powder , to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Cut the avocados into halves and remove the pits. Peel and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mash avocados with a potato masher or fork until chunky. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Purée in blender if smoother consistency is desired. Serve with your favorite sliced veggies, whole-grain pita chips and whole grain crackers. Try atop these awesome blackbean burgers: https://virtualrdn.com/blackbean-burgers/