This Guacamole Dip will be your new favorite dippable treat! All the classic flavors you think of, smooth, creamy, and loaded with healthy fats.
This is a fabulous anytime snack. Dunk carrots, cucumbers, peppers or whole grain crackers. Also tasty atop your favorite burger or wrap.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves , chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 mato , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper , stemmed, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 fresh lime , juiced
- Couple dashes cayenne pepper or chili powder , to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Cut the avocados into halves and remove the pits. Peel and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mash avocados with a potato masher or fork until chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Purée in blender if smoother consistency is desired.
- Serve with your favorite sliced veggies, whole-grain pita chips and whole grain crackers.