This super tasty nutrition-packed healthy carrot spice smoothie shake is a great way to chill out on a hot summer morning and get your day started right!
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I find it hard to sneak some veggies in earlier in the day. Dinner, sure, no problem! But breakfast in particular can be tricky and we’re supposed to shoot for five servings a day, right? Gee that’s a lot! So I’m always pleased when I can tuck some in but in a light and refreshing way! All the ingredients here marry really well without any overpowering the next. Super smooth and super nutritious!
Healthy Carrot Spice Smoothie
- 1 green apple , cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh turmeric root (or 1/8 tsp ground)
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh ginger (or 1/8 tsp ground)
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup Greek/regular or non-dairy yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp almond meal (=ground almonds) or if you have a heavy duty blender, 2 Tbsp whole almonds
- 1 cup soy milk or preferred milk
- 2 ice cubes
- Blend all until smooth. Enjoy!