This super tasty nutrition-packed Healthy Carrot Spice Smoothie is a great way to chill out on a hot summer morning and get your day started right!
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I find it hard to sneak some veggies in earlier in the day. Dinner, sure, no problem! But breakfast in particular can be tricky and we’re supposed to shoot for five servings a day, right? Gee that’s a lot! So I’m always pleased when I can tuck some in but in a light and refreshing way! All the ingredients in this Healthy Carrot Spice Smoothie marry really well without any overpowering the next. Super smooth and super nutritious! My favorite part of this shake is the nuttiness from the turmeric and almond meal combined with the floral fragrance of the cardamon.
Healthy Carrot Spice Smoothie
- 1 green apple , cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh turmeric root (or 1/8 teaspoon ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger (or 1/8 teaspoon ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup Greek/regular or non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond meal (=ground almonds) or if you have a heavy duty blender, 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- 1 cup soy milk or preferred milk
- 2 Ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!