This Healthy Vegan Rice Pudding is light but creamy with just the right hint of sweetness, vanilla and spice. An easy way to sneak in some heart-healthy plant-based soy protein. Can also sub your own favorite milk. Super easy and a super guilt-free dessert.
Healthy Vegan Rice Pudding
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1/4 cup natural vanilla-flavored creamer (or non-dairy creamer)
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 1/2 cup soy milk , optional (to thin)
- Add rice, water, creamer, 2 1/2 cups soy milk, maple syrup and vanilla to medium sauce-pot. Bring to boil. reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 25-30 minutes. Be sure to stir and scrape the bottom of the pot intermittently to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir in raisins and spices.
- Cool on counter to room temperature.
- If you prefer a less dense, more liquid-content pudding, stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.