Hearty Veggie Soup combines a wealth of colors and flavors to leave you feeling warm and cozy. If you can’t find a low-sodium option, or prefer a brand of regular veggie broth, try diluting 3:1 with water to reduce the sodium content.
Try serving with my Sweet Potato Corn Muffins.
Hearty Veggie Soup
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 4 stalks celery , chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes , cubed
- 16 ounces button mushrooms , cubed
- 1 yellow squash , sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 5 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 2/3 brick (1 pound) silken tofu , undrained
- 1 1/2 cans garbanzo beans , rinsed and drained (about 21 ounces)
- 1 can corn , rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese , optional
- Take off stovetop and remove bay leaves.
- Stir in spinach, tofu, chickpeas and corn. Pulse with an immersion blender or half at a time in a countertop blender until desired texture (I prefer to leave a bit chunky).
- Top with a handful of cheddar before serving if desired.
- Serve alongside my healthy Sweet Potato Corn Muffins.