Recipe adapted from elizabethrider.com.
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted nuts , chopped (such as walnuts, pecans)
- 1/4 cup unsalted seeds (such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried fruit (such as raisins or dried cranberries)
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (or a combo of both)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Large pinch fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300º F.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to coat (it will be sticky).
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Cool before serving or storing.
- Serve on top of low-fat yogurt, whole grain cereal or fat-free frozen yogurt.
This granola can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks. Recipe adapted from elizabethrider.com.