These Honey Balsamic Carrots are sweet and tangy and the perfect healthy side to go with a cozy comforting meal. Simple enough for a weeknight meal, yet flavorful enough to hold its own alongside other holiday favorites.
Honey Balsamic Carrots
These Honey Balsamic Carrots are sweet and tangy and the perfect healthy side to go with a cozy comforting meal.
- 8 large carrots , peeled, rinsed, ends trimmed off
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves , optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Halve carrots lengthwise and spread in an even layer on cookie sheet.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until combined. Pour 2/3 of mixture over carrots and toss to coat.
- Roast 20 minutes on first side. Flip and drizzle with remaining glaze.
- Return to oven and bake 10-20 minuets or until fork tender.
- Remove from oven and toss with optional thyme leaves.