Hungarian-Inspired Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 stalks celery , diced
- 16 to 20 ounces baby bella mushrooms , sliced
- 2 medium potatoes , cubed
- 1 zucchini , diced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups low-sodium veggie broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried dill
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Splash balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale (or spinach)
- 1 brick extra-firm tofu , drained and sliced in 1/4 inch strips
- Aged Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, celery, and garlic and cook until mushrooms have released their liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roast tofu strips by spreading in a single layer on a prepared cookie sheet and baking for roughly 10 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes, zucchini, broth and spices. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and remove from heat.
- Serve topped with aged Parmesan shavings.