Indian Inspired Apricot Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion , diced
- 4 stalks celery , chopped
- 2 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger , minced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 large green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 large potato , cubed
- 1/3 cup dried apricots , chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes , no-salt-added
- 1 can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup quinoa , uncooked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil over medium heat in large pot. Add onion, garlic, celery, ginger, and green pepper, sautéing until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon juice and cilantro. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until potato is fork tender and quinoa is soft.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro.