These Indian-Spiced Lentils bring together traditional Indian flavors for a pleasant array of spices that delight your nose and tongue. This is a great gateway dish for those that may be interested in exploring both plant-based protein as well as some mild Indian cuisine. Loaded with protein and fiber, these Indian-Spiced Lentils will keep you comfy and satisfied.
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Add all ingredients except parsley to small pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until lentils are tender and cracking open.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley.
- Serve as a side dish or over whole-grain rice with vegetables.