Mix and match your favorite greens and veggies for these delicious and fun-to-assemble Healthy Korean BBQ Bowls. Full of color and crunch, each bite is a flavor explosion!
Healthy Korean BBQ Bowls
Mix and match your favorite greens and veggies for these delicious and fun-to-assemble Healthy Korean BBQ Bowls, full of color and flavor.
- 1 recipe pickled cucumber salad (see Instructions below; be sure to prepare well in advance)
- 1 brick tofu , drained and cubed (see Instructions below)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 cups fresh greens , such as spinach leaves
- 4 cups mixed steamed vegetables (see instructions below)
- 4 green onions , optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 recipe korean BBQ sauce (see instructions below)
- Drain liquid from tofu. TIP: For firmer tofu, I like to wrap it in layers of paper towels or a lint-free dish towel and press under a cast iron skillet for 2 hours, changing towels once midway. Watch my video How to Drain Tofu in 3 Easy Steps.
- Once tofu is drained, cut in bite-sized cubes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat, or lightly grease.
- Toss in sesame oil and spread on baking sheet. Roast in oven for 10-12 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Place ~1 1/2 cups of your favorite greens in each bowl.
- Top each bowl with ~1 cup of your favorite fresh, steamed or roasted veggies.
- TIP: to "steam" without the hassle: Add 3-4 cups of bite-sized veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, cabbage and snap peas to a dinner-sized plate or casserole dish. Lightly sprinkle with water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave 2-4 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Top each bowl with tofu and cucumber salad.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds if desired.
- Drizzle with Korean BBQ sauce prior to serving.
Easily substitute grilled fish or chicken if desired.