Korean BBQ Bowls
Mix and match your favorite greens and veggies for a delicious and fun-to-assemble bowl full of color and flavor. Easily sub grilled fish or chicken if desired.
- 1 recipe pickled cucumber salad (see instructions for recipe link; be sure to prepare well in advance)
- 1 brick tofu , drained and cubed (see instructions below)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 6 cups fresh greens such as spinach leaves
- 4 cups mixed steamed vegetables (see instructions below)
- 4 green onions , optional
- 1 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 recipe korean BBQ sauce (see instructions for recipe link)
- Prepare Pickled Cucumber Salad according to recipe instructions here. Be sure to allow at least 12 hours for cucumbers to begin to "pickle." https://virtualrdn.com/pickled-cucumber-salad/Prepare Korean BBQ Sauce according to recipe instructions here and set aside: https://virtualrdn.com/korean-bbq-sauce/Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicon mat or lightly grease. Drain liquid from tofu. TIP: For firmer tofu, I like to wrap it in layers of paper towels or a lint-free dish towel and press under a cast iron skillet for 2 hours, changing towels once mid-way. Once drained, cut in bite-sized cubes. Toss in sesame oil and spread on baking pan. Roast in oven for 10-12 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. To assemble bowls: Place ~1 1/2 cups of your favorite greens in each bowl. Top each bowl with ~1 cup of your favorite fresh, steamed or roasted veggies. TIP: to "steam" without the hassle: Add 3-4 cups of bite-sized veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, cabbage and snap peas to a dinner-sized plate or casserole dish. Lightly sprinkle with water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave 2-4 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Top each bowl with tofu and cucumber salad. Garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds if desired. Drizzle with Korean BBQ sauce prior to serving.