Mix and match your favorite veggie toppings in this crispy, refreshing Lemon Pesto Salad. You can also interchange chickpeas with grilled chicken, fish or navy beans for a nice lean protein. But no matter the foundation, the Lemon Pesto Dressing really shines in this salad. The lemon, parmesan and basil are a natural match and will spark with every bite.
Lemon Pesto Salad
For the Salad
- 2 heads Romaine , chopped in bite sized pieces (or greens of choice)
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes , chopped
- 2/3 cucumber , chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 small onion , chopped or sliced
- 1 can corn , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chickpeas , rinsed and drained (or protein of choice)
- 1 recipe for Lemon Pesto Dressing (see instructions below)
- Ground pepper , to taste
- Prepare the salad ingredients and divide evenly in 4 separate bowls for serving.
- Prepare Lemon Pesto Dressing
- Drizzle 1-2 Tablespoons of dressing over each salad.
- Add fresh ground pepper just before serving.