This Lightened Shrimp Salad is packed with rich flavor without a hint of mayo! The flavors of the Dijon, lemon, and combination of spices make this dish a lunchtime crowd-pleaser. Fresh cut parsley gives it just the pizzazz and freshness it needs!
Lightened Shrimp Salad
This shrimp salad is packed with rich flavor without a hint of mayo!
- 12 large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- Few dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped curly parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Heat oil over medium heat in skillet. Sauté shrimp until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes (shrimp are cooked through when completely opaque/pearly-pink).
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Once cooled, remove tails and chop into half inch pieces.
- Add to small bowl along with remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice open whole-wheat hoagies.
- Top one side with shrimp salad and a slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake open-faced in preheated oven until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Before serving, spread bread generously with Dijon mustard and top with lettuce or spinach and tomato.