This Lightened Up Pad Thai is a veggie-packed spin on a takeout treasure. The perfect peanut lime sauce coats delectable noodles and crisp colorful vegetables. Top with your favorite garnishes like cilantro leaves, chopped peanuts, bamboo shoots, green onions or a splash of Sriracha.
Lightened Up Pad Thai
- 1/2 lb rice noodles , cooking water reserved
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp sesame oil , separated
- 1 inch ginger root , minced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 onion , thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 can baby corn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs , optional
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky preferred)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (can sub tamari or liquid aminos)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp chili sauce (i.e. Sriracha)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp reserved water from drained rice noodles
- cilantro leaves , chopped
- chopped peanuts , optional
- crushed red pepper flakes , optional
- Boil rice noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of water. Toss drained noodles in 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to prevent sticking
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in wok or large saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion, celery and carrots. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, corn and peas. Crack optional eggs and stir fry along with veggies an additional 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk sauce ingredients together.
- Toss noodles and sauce into wok and stir to combine. Fold in spinach until wilted.
- Top with optional garnishes then serve.