This Lightened Up Veggie Quiche is packed with protein and veggies but with a lot less fat and sodium. Traditional quiche recipes call for heavy cream, more cheese, less veggies and added salt. The cream is a no-brainer swap for low-fat milk. The added salt is definitely not needed with the cheesiness. And more veggies will alway elevates the nutrition, color, and fullness factor.
Enjoy this Lightened Up Veggie Quiche alongside a fresh salad and baked potato to make a complete, filling meal. Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? And I promise, you won’t be missing the crust with each flavor-forward, light, yet satisfying bite.
Lightened Up Veggie Quiche
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 broccoli crown , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/4 onion , finely chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus , chopped in bite-sized pieces, with woody ends removed
- 1/2 large zucchini , sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes , per spice preference
- Lightly grease a 13×9 pan. Whisk eggs and milk together. Set aside.
- Spread veggies in bottom of tray. Sprinkle seasonings overtop. Top with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture overtop evenly. Shake pan lightly to distribute.
- Bake at 375°F for 45-60 minutes or until fully set. Serve alongside a small baked potato and fresh salad for a complete, satisfying meal.