Microwave Chocolate Dessert Oats have all the chocolate gooeyness you’d expect from biting into a chocolate cookie but with less calories and more fiber. Whenever I have a craving for chocolate chip cookies, brownies or cake, this is my satisfying swap.
Savor each creamy chocolatey bite of these Microwave Chocolate Dessert Oats. Try adding in your other favorite toppings like chopped nuts, shredded coconut or berries.
Microwave Chocolate Dessert Oats
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup water , or preferred milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanut or almonds , optional
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut , optional
- Combine all ingredients in small microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave 30 seconds, then stir.
- Microwave 30 seconds further in 15-second intervals to prevent bubbling over (watch it closely!).