Mushroom Chard Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 stalks celery , chopped with leaves included
- 14 ounces mushrooms , sliced (I use button + baby bella)
- 1 zucchini , diced
- 1 poblano pepper , diced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/3 cup marsala cooking wine
- Few dashes ground nutmeg
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup whole wheat small noodles (like orzo or elbow)
- 4 cups chopped Swiss chard
- Parmesan cheese , to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in large pot. Add garlic, onions, celery and stir occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, and pepper and stir occasionally for an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and juices have come out.
- Add spices, wine, broth and water.
- Bring to light boil then add noodles and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Swiss chard. Garnish with Parmesan cheese before serving.