This Mushroom Quinoa Soup is light and delicate but still loaded with herby flavors. The chickpeas and quinoa make this a complete hearty meal in a bowl. Enjoy alongside your favorite hunk of bread or pita or try a slice of this Chickpea Flatbread
Mushroom Quinoa Soup
This Mushroom Quinoa Soup is light and delicate but still loaded with herby flavors. The chickpeas and quinoa make this a complete hearty meal in a bowl.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 8 cups veggie stock (to reduce sodium, try 6 cups stock and 2 cups water)
- 16 oz mushrooms , sliced
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- couple dashes nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 zucchini , sliced
- 2 cans chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dry quinoa rinsed well under water
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp apple cider or rice vinegar
- ground black pepper , to taste
- Heat oil over medium-low in soup pot. Saute garlic, onion, celery and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, spices, and mushrooms and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and quinoa. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in spinach, parsley and vinegar. Top with black pepper before serving.
- Serve alongside a slice of Chickpea Flatbread