These Grilled Marinated Portobello Burgers are thick and juicy and soak up all the delicious flavors of the marinade. Perfect for meat lovers and veggie lovers alike, and fully fresh, not processed like the meatless burgers on the market.
Here, these Grilled Marinated Portobello Burgers are served topped with Homemade Roasted Red Peppers and my yummy Easy Pesto Dressing, alongside homemade Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges. All the fixings for a healthy but fun family BBQ night!
Grilled Marinated Portobello Burgers
For Portobello Burgers
- 4 large (not baby) portobello mushrooms , stems removed and dirt rinsed away (see Notes)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices provolone or swiss cheese , optional
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns or sandwich thins , optional
- Grilled onion, fresh tomato, greens , optional
- 1 roasted bell pepper (see Instructions below)
- 1/4 cup homemade light pesto dressing (see Instructions below)
- grilled sweet potato wedges (see Instructions below)
- Top each burger with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Serve alongside a handful of my Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges.