This Pumpkin Coconut Curry is thick and creamy and full of flavor. Delicate pumpkin goodness enriches this veggilicious dish. Serve over brown rice or with healthy whole wheat naan
Pumpkin Coconut Curry
This Pumpkin Coconut Curry is thick and creamy and full of pumpkin goodness.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 bell pepper , diced
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder , to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 can pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large potato , cubed
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1 head broccoli , chopped in florets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- Couple dashes of cayenne pepper , to taste
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Heat oil in sauce pot over medium-high heat. Saute' onion, celery, pepper, and garlic until softened about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in spices. Saute 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, pumpkin, broth, carrots and potatoes and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring often for 20 minutes. Add broccoli and cook over low for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Serve over brown rice or with healthy whole wheat naan