Reduced Calorie Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained/squeezed (or about 12 ounces fresh spinach, cooked and drained/squeezed to yield about 1 1/2 cups)
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts , drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2/3 cup Alfredo-style pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces (half a package) reduced-fat cream cheese , softened
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- Dash of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a prepared 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with carrots, celery, cucumber, and whole-grain pita chips for dipping.