This Roasted Berry Balsamic Salad is perfect for a sunny Summer day. Roasting the strawberries brings a really unique flavor. The strawberry balsamic dressing is sweet and glazy and downright phenomenal. You will want to dip EVERYTHING in this!
Feel free to change up the greens and veggies to your liking in this Roasted Berry Balsamic Salad. Add some grilled chicken, tofu or chickpeas for a punch of protein.
Roasted Berry Balsamic Salad
- 5 whole strawberries , sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar , separated
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/3 large cucumber , chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper , sliced
- 1/2 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 spring onions , white and light green parts chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ground black pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Spread sliced strawberries in single layer.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar. Roast in oven for 45-50 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Add roasted strawberries, remaining vinegar, honey, lemon juice, dill, ginger, garlic and olive oil to food processor. Pulse until combined. Thin with 2-4 tablespoons of water to reach desired consistency (should be thick yet slide off spoon easily). Set aside.
- Divide greens between two bowls. Top with veggies, blueberries, spring onions and almonds, dividing evenly.
- Drizzle each bowl with 2-3 tablespoons of dressing and top with ground black pepper prior to serving.
- Leftover dressing can be stored in airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.