This Roasted Pepper Cherry Tomato Soup is the right amount of rich and creamy with lots of smokey goodness from the peppers and spices. Protein-packed with plenty of white beans blended into a silky smooth texture. Feel free to add a bit of a your favorite whole grains to make this a bit heartier.
Top this Roasted Pepper Cherry Tomato Soup with grated parmesan or toasted croutons.
Roasted Pepper Cherry Tomato Soup
- 3 red bell peppers , chopped in large pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 2 large onions , chopped in large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic , peeled, whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 head of cauliflower , florets finely chopped
- 3 cans white beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper , optional for added spiciness
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) light coconut milk
- Set oven to broil setting (high if there is an option). If your broiler is inside the oven rather than a separate compartment, move the oven rack to about 3-5 inches from the flame.
- Spread peppers, onion and cherry tomatoes on a large baking sheet or roasting pan lined with foil.
- Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Wrap cloves of garlic in a separate piece of foil drizzled with remaining 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Roast the pan as well as the enclosed garlic in broiler until peppers are beginning to blacken/char on the surface, about 20 minutes, flipping mid-way through.
- Add broiled peppers, cherry tomatoes, onion and garlic (including ALL the juices) to a large soup pot along with broth, cauliflower, beans, canned tomatoes and spices.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk.
- Transfer half of contents to a blender and puree (or use an immersion blender to pulse). If desired, can puree fully; personally I like leaving a bit of texture.
- Stir in parmesan cheese prior to serving.