These Homemade Roasted Red Peppers are melt-in-your-mouth good. And they are super fun and easy to make. Literally one ingredient. You can’t beat that! All you need is a gas range and a bell pepper and you have Homemade Roasted Red Peppers in no time! Kids need supervision on this one, though.
Slice and enjoy these Homemade Roasted Red Peppers over salads, sandwiches, in omelets, wraps and grilled cheese or overtop burgers like my Grilled Marinated Portobello Burgers.
Homemade Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 bell pepper washed, dried, and left whole
- Carefully turn using tongs resistant to heat every 2-3 minutes until each side of the pepper is well charred.
- Carefully remove and place in a glass dish covered with plastic wrap, or in a brown bag rolled down to close.
- Once cool enough to touch ~15 minutes, use a towel to rub the skin off the peppers.
- Slice and enjoy over salads, sandwiches, in omelets, wraps and grilled cheese, or overtop burgers like my Grilled Marinated Portobello Burgers.