Sesame Kale Edamame Warm Salad is bright and crunchy and packed with flavor. Vegan, yet protein-packed. Mix and match your grain and veggies of choice. I promise you’ll be surprised by how delicious and satisfying this dish is. Perfect as a stand alone meal or serve alongside other Asian-y treats.
Sesame Kale Edamame Warm Salad
- 1 cup lentils
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 3 1/4 cups low-sodium veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 inches ginger root , peeled and minced
- 1 red onion , sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper , sliced
- 2 cups chopped or shredded brussel sprouts
- 1 head broccoli , chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch kale , chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1 package frozen shelled edamame , thawed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Thai basil or sweet basil leaves , packed
- Ground black pepper , to taste
- Siracha , optional
- Bring lentils, qunioa and vegggie broth to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a large pot or wok over medium heat. Saute ginger and onion for 3-5 minutes until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add peppers, brussels and broccoli, sauteing until tender ~3-5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook just until wilted ~2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in edamame and lentil/quinoa mix.
- Toss with kale mixture to coat.
- Season with ground pepper to taste.
- Top with siracha if desired or a sprinkle of wontons/rice noodles for a crunch.
- Can be served warm, room temperature or cold.