This Sesame Teriyaki Salmon dish is juicy and tangy with a delicate sweetness. It’s moist, flaky goodness is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, vital for skin, hair, heart and immune health.
Sesame Teriyaki Salmon
This dish is juicy and tangy with a delicate sweetness. It’s moist, flaky goodness is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, vital for skin, hair, heart and immune health.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Mix together sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and pour into storage bag. Add salmon, toss to coat, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove salmon from marinade.
- Place remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Whisk in cornstarch. Bring to a boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in oven proof skillet. Add salmon with skin facing up. Cook until seared, then flip over and sear second side.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush remaining sauce over salmon fillets and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prior to serving, top with green onions and sesame seeds.